A home is considered to be probably the most important purchase in your life and one which you will go to considerable lengths to choose for yourself and your family. You do not want any nasty surprises when you move into and start improving your new home. Some defects cannot be detected by the naked eye and the relative importance of others needs professional assessment.
So how can you reduce your risks?
Park & co. can undertake a full building survey (formerly called a 'structural survey') for you at a reasonable cost which will provide you with detailed information about the property to assist your decision whether to proceed with the purchase. Our service includes:
- initial discussion with you about the inspection and any particular areas of concern.
- letter of confirmation of instructions setting out the fee, date of inspection and standard limitations.
- detailed inspection on an agreed date.
- verbal discussion about our findings later on the day of the survey (just call us).
- written report within a few working days after the survey.
- glossary of technical terms
- at-a-glance summary of maintenance required in first twelve months.
- access to your surveyor by telephone for discussion after receipt of the report.
Our inspection and report will consider the following elements (subject to standard limitations which we advise you about in advance):
- external weatherproofing elements (roof, rainwater drainage, walls and joinery).
- external hard landscaping and fences.
- Outbuildings e.g. a garage (excluding sheds)
- roof void.
- internal structure (floor walls and ceiling)
- internal joinery.
- all services.
- security and safety considerations.
- means of escape (flats and commercial properties only).
- timber defects.
- damp problems.
- structural problems.
- some legal issues.
We are therefore confident that we can offer you a professional and individual service at a reasonable cost and we would welcome the opportunity to provide you with a quotation via the survey enquiry page of this site.